Saturday, December 15, 2012

Paper for a variety of medium

I am coming to the end of my second DottedSquare.com journal now, and I am happy to say that the paper used is suitable for a variety of medium. At the initial design stage, various types of papers were tested with watercolour, ink, felt and marker pens etc.

DottedSquare.com paper tests
Papers tested at design stage

What is your favourite medium used in your journals and sketchbooks? If you ask me, the answer would vary depending on what I am using at the time since I don’t often stick to one for long.

Here are some mediums that I have used on my DottedSquare.com sketchbooks.

DottedSquare.com journal

Watercolour and ink with stamps. The paper does not buckle much with light watercolour application. The paper stock is thick enough that both sides of the paper can be used.

DottedSquare.com journal

In this piece, I used felt pens (Faber Castell artist pens).

DottedSquare.com journal

Pigment ink and felt pens

DottedSquare.com journal

And more watercolour.

Right now, I am using watercolour pencils and colour pencils.

What is your experience with DottedSquare.com’s books?

No comments:

Post a Comment